I study various topics in Theoretical Astrophysics, with a focus on:
- High-Energy Astrophysics,
- Neutrino and Cosmic-Ray Astrophysics,
- Relativistic Plasma Astrophysics.
As a hobby, I am leading the Israeli side of the Israeli/US
Some exciting recent news on these subjects
- IceCube detects extra-terrestrial neutrinos (see ViewPoint for a general intro and references).
- AMS-02 results support a secondary origin for cosmic-ray positrons (PRL).
Some pedagogical reviews of these subjects
- Science with a wide field UV explorer; arXiv.org:1303.6194
- IceCube’s Neutrinos: The beginning of extra-Galactic neutrino astrophysics? arXiv.org:1312.0558
- High energy cosmic ray and neutrino astronomy, Astronomy at the Frontiers of Science (Springer 2011); arXiv.org:1101.1155
- Cosmic accelerators (lecture notes, 2008 SLAC summer school)
- Gamma-ray bursts and collisionless shocks, PPCF 48, B137 (2006); astro-ph/0607353
- Gamma-Ray Bursts: The Underlying Model, Lecture Notes in Physics 598, 393 (2003); astro-ph/0303517